More about NEWS and GROUPS in Realm
When logging into Realm, it will always default to the NEWS page. On the left side, you will see a menu of selections:
• NEWS- will display any recent news that has been posted by the church or any groups you are in.
• INBOX- displays messages that have been sent to you and you can send messages to people without having their email address. When a message is sent, the recipient will receive an email that they have a message and a notification in Realm.
• CHAT- feature allows for instant communication between you and another person.
• EVENTS-will show any calendar events posted for the congregation or for any of the groups you belong to. If you belong to multiple committees, having the Committee meetings as calendar events makes it easy to remember when they occur.
• GIVING- set up recurring gifts, view your giving history, print statements and make changes at any time.
• GROUPS- will list NFUMC committees and teams you are a part of. Everyone should have “Nolensville First UMC” as a group; this is a church-wide group. After clicking on a group, you can do the following:
o Use the three circular icons to add a new post, add a photo, or add an event (leaders only).
o NEWS will provide posts and events with the most recent at the top. Select any of the posts or events to reply to and add to the discussion. If you attach a file to your post then the file will show both within your post as well as the Files tab.
o PARTICIPANTS-shows all the members of the group. If you are a Group Leader then you will have additional information for each participant as well as a “Manage participants” button to add or remove a participant.
o FILES- one of the best features in Realm. It provides a central place to share files within your committee. This way, Committee information is always available for all current members.
• FIND GROUPS: this page lists the groups that are available for you to consider joining. Take time to look and see what others are doing.
• DIRECTORY- lists all active NFUMC community members. Clicking on a name should pull up a page with contact and personal information that that person allows you to see.
If you need further assistance or have questions, feel free to contact Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org your Realm administrator.