In response to the recommendation of Bishop McAlilly, we will be suspending in-person worship until January, at which time we will reassess our local situation. We will continue virtual worship. This difficult decision was made with the intent of doing our part to lessen the burden on health care workers in our communities and to help lower the risk.
I have enjoyed our small in-person worship services and I am so grateful for those who have worked so hard to make them possible. I look forward to the day when we can all worship together in person again safely. For now we are going to continue to offer virtual worship, and concentrate on serving our community and growing in our faith (see below.)
Serving Our Community: Room In The Inn
You may have heard that we will be participating in Room In The Inn this year by Stuffing the Bus! We are about a week away from the big formal announcement, but Mary Beth had a great podcast conversation with Rachel Hester from Room In The Inn and Pastor wants us to start praying about it. If you have not listened to the podcast, visit www.TheRedSteeplePodcast.org
Growing in Our Faith: Church-Wide Advent Study
On Sunday, we are kicking off our church-wide Advent study of Adam Hamilton’s Faithful: Christmas Through the Eyes of Joseph. Small groups are forming; they will all meet by Zoom. Please contact the leaders for the Zoom links.
- Sundays at 9:15am, starting November 29, led by Charlotte & Len Iseldyke
- Sundays at 2pm, starting November 29, led by Susan Nichols
- Sundays at 4pm, starting November 29, led by Mary Beth Hagan
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm, starting December 2, led by Jeff Campbell
- For youth (middle and high school), Sundays at 1pm, starting November 29 led by Tonia Bush
- And for children, Ms. Christina will be emailing parents activity ideas so they can participate